Easy To Make Beef Stew Recipe Stove Top
This is the best beef stew recipe it is sure to warm you up on a cold day. Also, what's best about this beef stew recipe stove top, it is it is easy to make, incredibly hearty rich and perfect to eat immediately or save. It is perfect for a meal prep or to serve immediately for dinner with some bread. Additionally, you can also serve a side of white rice if you'd like. This braised beef stew is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
This post contains affiliate links. Also, we are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a commission.
How-To Make and Ingredients Needed for The Best Beef Stew Recipe
- 1 3-pound beef roast. Can be shoulder, chuck, rump, or bottom round roast (BUY HERE)
- 6 garlic cloves, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/3 cup paprika
- 3 tbsp dried oregano
- 3 tbsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp dried basil
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 4 tbsp dried thyme
- 4 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cup onions, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 14-ounce can crushed Italian tomatoes
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 onions, quartered
- 3 carrots, halved
- 4 potatoes
- Prep time
- Using a Sharp Paring Knife, cut 8 one-inch-deep slits into the roast. Stuff one garlic slice in each slit. Combine the spices together, and then sprinkle evenly over the entire roast. In a deep Dutch Oven pan, heat the oil on high heat and sear the roast on all sides to a deep color. Set aside.
- In the same Dutch Oven, add chopped onions, chopped celery, chopped bell pepper, and remaining garlic. Sauté until vegetable wilt. Add the tomatoes with their juices and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Place the roast back in the Dutch Oven. Pour in the wine and bring to a boil. Add beef stock and rosemary and bring to a boil again. Reduce liquids to a simmer, and continue cooking for 4 hours, or until meat is tender.
- Once the roast is cooked, remove it from the Dutch Oven and set it aside. Strain any herbs and discard the vegetables. Return the roast to the pot with remaining uncooked onions, carrots, and potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook covered until vegetables are tender. Season broth with salt and pepper, if needed.
Recipe: Crowd Cow meat delivery