Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Are you looking for a healthier alternative to classic mashed potatoes? Consider trying cauliflower mashed potatoes instead! These can be an excellent substitute for regular potatoes and are a tasty way to incorporate more vegetables into your diet. Plus, they're easy to make and can be seasoned to your liking. Give them a try and see if you prefer this nutritious alternative!
This mashed cauliflower recipe is so easy and healthy. I love garlic mashed potatoes. Furthermore, I had to reduce my carbohydrate intake due to health issues and couldn't have mashed potatoes; thus, I had to find an alternative. Moreover, this cauliflower mashed potato is an excellent alternative; people who hate vegetables love it, like my husband. Also, you can use frozen or fresh cauliflower to make these easy cauliflower mashed potatoes. This cauliflower mash will go great with bacon-wrapped pork chops, chicken breast, and sauteed green beans.
Cauliflower mashed potatoes are a great side dish for many meals. They pair well with roasted chicken, grilled steak, grilled fish, or juicy steak. You could also serve them alongside some sautéed vegetables or a fresh salad for a complete and healthy meal. Get creative and experiment with different combinations to find your favorite way to enjoy cauliflower mashed potatoes! You can use frozen cauliflower for this recipe. Frozen vegetables are just as healthy as fresh but will last longer before going bad.
Finally, when I made this cauliflower mash, I did not realize they would be such a hit.
Other Recipes To Try
This post contains affiliate links. Also, we are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. We may earn a commission if you use these links to buy something.
Pro Tip: This recipe requires a large food processor or a blender (I use a Blendec).
Instructions For The Best Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- 1-1/2 heads cauliflower, cut into florets (3-1/2 Pounds) or 2.5 (20-Ounce) Packages Frozen
- 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/4 cup and 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-fat cream cheese (sub with 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream or start by adding 3 tablespoons to make it smoother)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add cauliflower, cover, and steam until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat; cook and stir garlic until softened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Transfer half the cauliflower to a food processor or blender; cover and blend on high. Add remaining cauliflower florets, one at a time, until vegetables are creamy. Blend in garlic, Parmesan cheese, heavy whipping cream or cream cheese, salt, and black pepper.
Feel free to customize this cauliflower mash, make them thicker or thinner and you can use gravy.